3 wood options
Extreme Nature floors start with the perfect wood. And with three to choose from, you'll find something for every look. 3 TEXTURES
Go as bold or traditional as you want with 3 unique textures.
- Hickory has high grain variations and a traditional-to-rustic look.
- Maple floors have a subtle grain and texture, with rich colors for an elegant look.
- Walnut features a refined, tight grain and rich warm colors which give it a sophisticated look.
- Wire brushed: make a statement with wire-brushed boards. The intricate process enhances natural grain, shows off lots of texture and gives each board a unique look.
- Heavy scraped: get a causal, lived-in look with this refined scrape, rustic texture and aged appearance.
- Distressed: distressed hardwood brings a weathered, rustic look into your home. The time-worn look and less-than-perfect design only gains character with wear.
Trend Alert: Extreme Nature
Shaw's Color, Style, and Design team is always looking ahead to determine the great trends heading our way. Extreme Nature is one of these trends and a design idea.
Longer and Wider Planks
Extreme Nature is the longest and widest engineered hardwood available that's made in the USA. Available in 3 species and textures that emulate the unique complexity of an authentic timeworn surface.
Tested for real life. Like yours.
Floors this cutting edge don't happen by accident. They happen from testing. Lots and lots of testing.
- Stabilitek Core: Go ahead, walk all over these floors—they can take it. Because EPIC Plus hardwood is built with Stabilitek, our proprietary core platform designed for high performance and lasting durability.
- ScufResist Platinum: After lots of back and forth (literally—we scour them hundreds of times), our tests show EPIC Plus with ScufResist Platinum stands up to scuffs 6x better than our competitors.
- Impact & dent tested: There’s no tiptoeing around it—under pressure tests, our Stabilitek core resists denting up to 30% more than other engineered-hardwood products.
- Ease of installation: A strong tongue-and-groove system makes installation quick and easy, plus it provides superior joint integrity so your boards stay in place no matter how many game nights they host.